Monday, August 1, 2011

Rome

Someone recently asked me to list the top ten tourist sites in Rome.  "That's easy" I thought, until I tried to do it.  The first eight were easy (in no particular order):

The Colosseum


Sistine Chapel/Vatican Museums


Spanish Steps


Trevi Fountain


Pantheon


St. Peter's/Piazza San Pietro


Roman Forum


Piazza Navona


Campo dei Fiori


So there's nine, without even taking a breath.  It's difficult to pick the tenth site, I've got at least a dozen on the tip of my tongue to choose from.  Let's see, there's ...
  • Palatine Hill
  • Capitoline Museums/Campidoglio
  • Castel Sant'Angelo
  • Villa Borghese/Galleria Borghese
  • Trastevere
  • Santa Maria Maggiore
  • Baths of Caracalla
  • San Giovanni Laterano
  • Appian Way/Catacombs
  • Ara Pacis
  • Santa Maria Cosmedin/Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth)
  • San Clemente
... and I'm just getting warmed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment