Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sunday Lunch in Sorrento

It's never very long after my feet hit the ground in Italia before my thoughts turn to food.  I'm already thinking about where to eat lunch after we arrive in Sorrento on Sunday (three months and ten days from now, but who's counting?).

When I think of Campania, I think of fresh mozzarella di bufala.  Now I'm thinking about how quickly I can get my first fix.

I'm assuming that I'll arrive at least somewhat rested; even if I don't get much sleep on the plane I'm betting that I'll sleep in the bus on the drive from the airport to the hotel.  It should take about three hours to make the trip and the bus seats are so comfortable ... it will be hard to stay awake.

After all those hours of sitting I imagine I'll be ready for some exercise, so I'm planning to walk into town for lunch.  A friend (and former restaurant owner) has recommended Inn Bufalito, which is less than a half mile walk from the Bristol.   I'm drooling already.

No comments:

Post a Comment